Effective: May 23, 2018.
We process your information based on the following legal grounds, as recognised by and in compliance with the applicable data protection laws:
- the processing is necessary to perform our contract with you (i.e. the Terms of Service that apply as applicable with respect to our Services, for the provision of our Services), or to take steps requested by you before entering into said contract;
- the processing is in our or someone else’s legitimate interests, and these interests are not overridden by your interests or rights in the protection of your personal data. This may include processing your data for prevention of fraudulent activity, internal research and analytics assessments, for purposes of communication with you, and informing you about new products and services we are offering or to promote new products and services of other parties which we think may be of interest to you, etc.;
- you have given your consent to the processing of your data;
- the processing is necessary to meet a legal obligation which applies to us
In cases where we have asked for, and you have given, your consent to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information Do We Collect?
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information. We may collect the following types of information from our users.
- Seller Tools collects and stores Personal Information, including the full name, company name, email address, IP address, landing page, and referring URL, for all users upon registration and use of the Services. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an Account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous.
- When you install Seller Tools, we might be able to access certain types of information from your merchant account for us to provide you our Services and support, for you to better serve your customers. We might collect information about your customers such as name, address, email address, phone number, billing information, their feedback on your products.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
- We may automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
- Generally, the Services may automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
- When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
Information Collected Using Cookies:
- Seller Tools stores cookies for visitors to the Site in order to identify them for relevant advertising through third party websites, also known as retargeting. Seller Tools also gathers anonymous usage information from our visitors via cookies for usage with Google Analytics.
- Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways.
Information Related to Advertising:
- To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called "ad networks." Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We use Personal Information to provide our customers with targeted advertisements or marketing services For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
We partner with third party advertising networks to display advertisements targeted to visitors of the Services. To do so, Seller Tools stores a cookie for visitors for the purpose of displaying advertising also commonly known as retargeting. The data that is stored and collected is non-identifiable and anonymous.
- We do not request or otherwise collect or store any sensitive personal data as defined under the GDPR ( for example: data consisting of racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health, gender or sexual orientation), whether in aggregate or linked to any person or account. If we become aware of any such data being stored or processed in our systems, we will take reasonable steps to erase it.
- We may collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Services ("Aggregate Information"). Some of this information may be derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
How, and With Whom, Is My Information Shared?
Public Information About Your Activity on the Services:
- Some of your activity on and through the Services may be public by default. This may include, but is not limited to, content you have posted publicly on the Site or otherwise through the Services.
Please also remember that if you choose to provide Personal Information using certain public features of the Services, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and may be publicly available. Individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through the Services.
IP Address Information:
Information You Elect to Share:
We may share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Email Communications with Us:
Seller Tools will send occasional promotional materials through email and you will have the option to opt-out of these emails through updating your preferences in yout Seller Tools account page. Regardless, we reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for Account recovery purposes.
User Profile Information:
User profile information including your username and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services. We will not directly reveal user email addresses to other users.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others:
We may disclose personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Information We Share With Your Consent:
When you give us your permission, we might use personal data for other purposes as well.
Is Information About Me Secure?
Seller Tools is committed to protecting your collected Personal Information. To do so we employ a variety of industry-standard security technologies and measures to help protect all of our information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. These technologies and measures include but are not limited to encrypting any transmission of our information using secure socket layer (SSL), encryption of passwords and other authentication mechanisms such as Application Programming Interface (API) keys, and restricting access to encrypted information to support personnel at Seller Tools. Please note that Seller Tools cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the collection of your information and that mistakes and security breaches may occur. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
International transfers of data
What Information of Mine Can I Access?
If you are a registered user, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Registered and unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings. You have the right to access personal information held about you by us (known as a Subject Access Request under the GDPR). You may exercise this right at any time by emailing email@example.com from the email address associated with your request. If you have an account with us, or we hold any personal information pertaining to you, we will provide this in a machine-readable format (such as CSV) within 30 days. There is no fee in relation to your request for access.
Right To Erasure.
You have the right to ask us to remove all data and/or personal information we hold about you. We will use reasonable endeavours to remove all information from our systems, including backups where technically feasible, within 30 days. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain certain specific information, where required by law. There is no fee in relation to your request for erasure.
Notification Of Breach
While we take great precaution to protect our systems and servers from unauthorised access, and carry out regular internal data security audits, there is a risk of malicious activity occurring. If we become aware of any potential or actual breach of our systems which may have caused exposure of your personal information, we will contact you via the email address you have provided to us within 72 hours of such discovery to inform you of the situation.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective: May 23, 2018.